For a re-inspection of a periodical technical inspection, the vehicle must be submitted to the same inspection station where the initial re-inspection was imposed.
The compliance or non-compliance of the vehicle with the current roadworthiness requirements is determined as a result of the inspection. If the vehicle passes inspection then the month and year of the next inspection will be written on the registration certificate.
Documents required at inspection
When visiting the inspection, the owner, lessee or user of the vehicle must submit the following documents to the inspector:
registration certificate of the vehicle or its part B;
In addition to the above according to the type of inspection the following documents must be submitted to the inspector:
- a certificate about checking the technical condition of a vehicle at the roadside must be submitted at a re-inspection which was requested by roadside inspection authority;
- the historical vehicle recognition certificate must be submitted at the inspection of a historical vehicle;
- a taximeter installation certificate must be submitted at a taxi inspection;
- standard format certificates issued by the manufacturer or their representative authorised in Estonia about the fact that the design of the truck complies with the special requirements of noise and exhaust emissions and the truck and its trailer comply with increased safety requirements must be submitted at a CEMT vehicle inspection.
Deadlines for submitting for inspection
|After first registration||Used under 10 y||Used over 10 y||Historical vehicle|
|M1, L3e, L4e, L5e, L7e||after 48 months||after 24 months from the last inspection||after 12 months from the last inspection||
after 48 months from being declared a vintage vehicle or the last inspection
|O1||after 48 months||after 24 months from the last inspection|
|N1||after 24 months||after 12 months from the last inspection|
|N2, N3, O2, O3, O4||after 12 months||after 12 months from the last inspection|
|M2, M3||after 12 months||after 12 months from the last inspection||after 6 months from the last inspection|
- If a vehicle is submitted for a regular inspection within two months before or after the previously set inspection time the next regular inspection time is calculated from the previously set inspection time onwards.
- Roadside inspection authority’s referral to a re-inspection invalidates the valid periodical technical inspection. After passing the re-inspection a new inspection time is calculated.“
- If a special inspection is needed, the vehicle must be submitted for a special inspection before taking the vehicle into use as a special vehicle. If a special inspection of an M1 or N1 category vehicle becomes invalidated before the periodical technical inspection validity designated before passing the special inspection, then the periodical technical inspection validity is the same as the special inspection validity.
Last updated: 18.02.2021